Monday, June 14, 2010

wwdiary - version 3.7.1 posted to Android Market

First, let me thank all of the people who have donated.   I appreciate it, and your support along with all the kind words I've received helps keep me going!  And to those of you who haven't donated, now's your chance! ;)

Ok queue the trumpets, many of you have suggested a favorites list, so here it is *loud noises*
First, a ton of pictures:

         
So as you can see, you can longpress on items and add them to a favorites list.


Then when you want to use a favorite, you can click on the heart on the quicklist or from the main menu and select the item in the favorites list to use.   It will bring up an item entry screen all filled out for you so all you have to do is adjust the serving size and you're done!

You can also longpress on an item in the favorites list and it will give you an option to remove it or use it (same as single quick click).

Items in the favorites list are sorted based on the number of times you've used that item.   So if you add water every day, it should be pretty near the top.

There is also a bugfix around the servings multiplier.  Up until now, points were simply multiplied by the amount of servings you had.  Well that doesn't jive with the WW system...    So now if you've entered in calories, fat, and fiber for an item (which it now saves by the way) it will redo the calculation for what you ate based on those values.   So multiple servings of food will be more expensive than just points*servings.   :(

Of course for older entries which have not recorded the cal/fat/fiber, there is nothing to make this calculation with, so it will continue to do the points*servings.  If there is large outcry I may put in an option to revert the behavior... but this is how the system is supposed to work :(

16 comments:

  1. Just updated the diary and it changed my daily points to 6 more for every day past present and future. What happened I can not fix it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go into settings, go to the daily points allowance calculator and choose a sex. I have no idea why this keeps getting unstuck after a few updates...

    Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I was compensating by adding a point or two on multiple servings, thanks for thinking of this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same issue. I just updated the diary and it changed my daily points to 6 more for every day past present and future. it still is reflecting the correct number of points in the Points Allowance, but when going to the tracker it shows more points each day. I can't fix it either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you try going into settings as described above?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are a female, it is defaulting to male in the settings. Just follow what was noted above and it should take care of the issue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah mine did it and a quick trip into settings fixed it.

    I finally got paid so I can donate!

    **cough** progress chart **cough**

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would also like a process chart/graph of weigth loses.
    Also a weigh in note field. It wouldn't have to be large, just enough to say wedding, vacation, holiday party sorts of info. It would be nice to have the weight range guidelines as a reference off of menu. And, to be able to pick our final goal weight and to see how far we have to go to get there. Maybe we could also pick incremental benchmark goals, 5/10/20 lbs for example and we would get a star on the weight log as encouragement??

    Thanks for a great app!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not read a lot of comments yet so these ideas may be old. I would like to see check offs for oil & daily vitamin. I'm forgetful. Also would like to be able to change glasses of water total to 8 or whatever. Thanks for this program.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll make sure they are on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This a great app. I would like to be able to check of water, and vitamins as they are not always done when eating. It would also be nice to have a list of foods with points so if you don't have to use a different app to get point values of foods without labels.

    Keep up the good work and I will be donating so that you can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great app. Thanks for all the work. I've been using it for a couple weeks and suggested it to some other folks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tried adding food items to my favorites but when i click and hold on the item, there is not a favorites option, only 'delete' or 'edit entry'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like the favorites,
    . Please alphabetize the list.

    ReplyDelete