Monday, April 5, 2010

wwdiary - version 3.3 posted to Android Market

Expanded barcode functionality!
There is point lookup for items you've entered in the past, I still have not found a service that is compatible with my needs for data lookups.  It seems most sites are very protective of their data ( I would be too, it's alot of work to collect that much info ).

Anyway...
When you scan a barcode, it will try to look it up in the phone database.  If found, it will fill out the information you used for it last time.  If it doesn't find anything in the phone database, it will do a product lookup.

If it finds something in the search it will place it in a textbox for you to edit if you would like.  If it doesn't find anything you can enter in a custom description.  Then it will save that data to the phone database for use the next time you scan that barcode.

Let me know how it works, I'll probably be tweaking things till I get it just right.
The more you use it, the more useful it will be.   As you add barcodes to the phone database, it will remember them.

14 comments:

  1. Ok, first and foremost I just wanted to let you know that this app totally rocks! I've been making progress with my weight loss and I believe it's partly because of the app!

    I was happy to see the new additions to it such as the barcode scanning, and the water, milk, veggies intake control.

    I do have a request however, is it possible to control those things separately? Without being tied to a food item? Or perhaps just the water? So that I can add that I had a glass of water even if it wasn't while eating something? Also, if I accidentally select an option it doesn't let me remove it. Suppose I accidentally selected a 'cheese' for a carrot I ate... it doesn't let me remove the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I went back and forth on this and decided that putting it there ( since I had the space for it ) was the best. You could always enter a food called "water" with 0 points and a water value. Or even scan a water bottle barcode :).

    If you want to remove a value from the 3 tracking controls, swipe it all the way left. It works just like a rating bar control in android.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great App!

    Any chance to create your own online database for barcode scanner using the info from the user generated items that they enter into the app?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any hosting available to me free of charge, and I don't charge for the app.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we have the option to export and edit our food/points database on a PC/Mac please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can back up your database to the sdcard. It's a sqlite database, and if you get a program that can open/edit them you'll be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the app! Can you make it so you can either log in and do it from your PC at home or on the phone? There is a F.S. app that has that, which is a plus, but I like this one it would totally rock if you use PC or phone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anon: I don't have the resources to host the servers needed for that. I don't know how FS makes their money, but I only get donations for the app.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love if the app actually would add activity points you gain threw out the day onto our daily points.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It adds them to an activity counter and by default will automatically use activity points earned when you run out of daily points.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this app! The bar coding is great! I also use calorie counters app. for their barcoding it gives you the point values of the food...if u can add that to this app. it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this app. I was just wondering if I can change my points as I drop pounds. I went to settings changed it but it didn't work. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anon: Daily point allowances will be updated after the points reset for the week. So if your reset day is wednesday you can check by going forward in the week to wednesday and verifying that the points have updated.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Thank you for offering a different font! You are awesome for taking suggestions & implementing them. This is my favorite app I've downloaded so far!

    ReplyDelete